Meet Chrissie Jeffery – Interior Designer and owner of No Chintz!
What Chrissie doesn’t know about cushions perhaps isn’t worth knowing! After all, this is how she started her business – designing and creating custom made cushions for many of the top Interior Designers and the prestige homes they were working on!
For example, Chrissie says there are three levels of cushion inserts:
1. LUXURY LEVEL: Down or Feather and Down Combo
- The softest and most luxurious of cushion fillings
- Very lofty and super soft
- Last the longest – obviously depending on whether the kids use them for pillow fights or NOT!!!!
2. MEDIUM LEVEL: Feather/Poly Blend
- Light and lofty with good holding power.
- Last up to 20 years – At No Chintz, we reckon it’s Ok to keep the cushion insert as long as you freshen your décor with new cushions on a regular basis!!!!
After all, it’s such as easy way to create a new look!
3. LOWEST LEVEL: Polyester (can be made from recycled plastic)
- Very firm can tend to be overly ‘fat’
- No soft lofty feeling.
- Usually last up to 3 years
- Very low allergenic.
- Inexpensive – but remember they only last up to 3 years!
Note: Chrissie says, “Natural materials such as down and/or feathers can cause allergies but truly unlike your bed pillows – if you’re not napping on your cushions you’ll probably have no or very little reaction!
Ever wanted to know how to properly insert a cushion into a cushion cover? In our latest video (below), Chrissie shows you step-by-step how and shares more information about cushion inserts, blends and our custom cushion program where you can make a unique, one of a kind cushion to suit your home and style.
For more information visit www.nochintz.com or call us on (02) 9386 4800